Business Structures and Commercial
Merthyr Law works closely with Accountants and Financial Advisors to deliver tailored commercial and business structuring advice for clients with complicated financial and business needs.
At Merthyr Law we understand the critical importance of contract negotiation given that contracts direct the relationship of the parties into the future. We pay particular attention to taxation flexibility, taxation effectiveness, operational flexibility and effectiveness and risk management in our negotiations and documentation. Merthyr Law’s work involves both the provision of current authoritative technical legal advice and also involves briefing Barristers, where appropriate, to provide specific legal advices in areas of speciality.
The significance of knowing and understanding the client’s business in order to ensure that specific and possibly litigious points of the relationship are dealt with within the terms of a contract or agreement at the time of negotiation should not be underestimated. The value of Merthyr Law’s expertise is evident in our ability to recognise the contingencies that clients often do not factor in and that may otherwise result in more costly restructuring or litigation in the future.
Drafting of contracts is done with longevity in mind and at Merthyr Law, we have often had occasion to test our contingency-planning in contract drafting, an important factor given the volatile commercial sector at present.
Tailored taxation advice is offered to compliment our commercial work.
Advising on and establishing appropriate business structures including:
- Discretionary trusts;
- Unit trusts;
- Joint ventures;
- Child Maintenance Trusts;
- Superannuation funds;
- Service trusts;
- Business sales and purchases;
- Property syndication;
- Business restructures to maximise asset protection and eligibility to small business capital gains;
- Buy sell agreements;
- Family Constitutions;
- Corporate governance agreements including shareholders’, partnership and unitholders’ agreements;
- Tailoring constitutions;
- Joint venture agreements;
- Interposition of holding companies;
- Licensing agreements;
- Distribution agreements;
- Consultancy agreements and Contractors agreements;
- Confidentiality agreements;
- Registering interests on the Personal Properties and Securities Register;
- Loan facility agreements and associated securities;
- Assisting with commercial disputes;
- Restraints of trade;
- Employee buy outs;